Some traders struggle to install expert advisors in MetaTrader trading platform, this article / guide explains how to handle Expert Advisors. This guide is easy to follow, just install Expert Advisor on your MetaTrader platform in minutes and start using your expert advisor with currencies right now! Please take a look at the steps below.
1. This installation guide is in English language. If your MetaTrader platform is not in English language, you can set it to English like shown below in screenshot.
2. First you need to install Meta Trader platform then run it. After you finish the installation, please check Expert Advisors button which can be found on the right side of your toolbar. If this button is green, then just press on it with a single mouse click and it will become red.
Disabled Expert Advisor
Enabled Expert Advisor
Green expert advisor button - Expert Advisor is working
Red expert advisor button - Expert Advisor is not working.
3. Before we are going to create new Expert Advisor, please click Tools on Meta Trader and then select options.
4. When a new window shows up, please select the checkboxes as shown below in the screenshot. Then click OK button.
5. Please open the MetaQuotes Language Editor by selecting from Meta Trader "Tools" option and then click on "MetaQuotes Language Editor". Also there is a shortcut, just click F4 button on your keyboard.
6. Then click "File" and select "New", or just by pressing on your keyboard CTRL + N buttons together.
7. A new window appears on a screen. Please choose Expert Advisor and click Next.
8. A new window shows up on your screen, please fill the details. Name field is for a name of expert advisor. In the author field you can type author name. Link field – authors links. After filling the form click Finish.
9. You can notice now that a new tab (window) was created for expert advisor.
10. You need to delete now everything from the new tab (window). Please select all the text by pressing CTRL + A on your keyboard, then right mouse click. You should see "Cut" command from a menu option. Click it.
11. After clicking "Cut" command, you should see a blank and white window. Scroll bar shouldn't be active anymore. Now you can copy your expert advisor.
12. Then go back to Meta Editor and right mouse click and select Paste option.
13. In order to use this expert advisor, we need to compile it. To do it, please click File and then Compile or just by using shortcut key – press on keyboard a button F5.
14. After clicking Compile button you should notice at the bottom this message: 0 error(s), 0 warning(s) – it tells you that everything is OK and you can move on to the next step.
15. When the expert advisor is compiled and ready – please click Tools and then choose Trading Terminal or just use a shortcut key – F4 (You can also close the Meta Editor program just by clicking on menu - File and then Exit).
16. At Meta Trader, click "View", then select Navigator or by using shortcut keys – CTRL + N.
17. On the left side Meta Trader's trading platform there is a list of Expert Advisors, please select your expert advisor (name can be different, depends what you named), or just left mouse click and drag and drop to any chart. Your can also double click on Expert Advisor instead of drag and drop.
18. Please check the check boxes according to the screenshot below. Once you are done, please click OK button.
19. You need to enable Expert Advisors, please click on the button in order to make a green button. This was explained in first steps.
20. You can simply check if your Forex Expert Advisor is running. Just take a look at chart's right corner, you should see a face with a smile and a name of Forex Expert Advisor.2012-07-07 11:41:09
Explain me one thing - weekend gaps, what are they about and mean in trading2012-09-22 22:12:19
Best trading time2012-12-22 10:03:57
Multi-dimensional trading2012-11-25 09:13:17
How to understand that emotions took over2012-11-24 06:54:24
The secret behind automated forex robots2012-11-23 18:06:58
Technical analysis vs fundamental analysis2012-11-20 14:09:38
How to spot a reversal trade2012-11-20 00:41:28